Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Long Time Gone

Last summer (?fall? I can't remember for sure), I joined a group at a local quilt shop here in Vegas, Quiltique. The group is called The Breakfast Club and it meets once a month on a Saturday morning. We'll spend the next year working on the Jen Kingwell quilt called Long Time Gone. It was recently all over Instagram as a quilt along and it's a fantastic quilt. I'm super excited about it.

We've already had our first meeting and received our fabrics to make the first two blocks. Here are mine:



I cannot wait until next month to do more. Each month as we sign in, we receive a packet of fabric to make that month's blocks. We stash away the scraps to sprinkle throughout the quilt in future blocks. It's just such a fun project. I'm spending too much time on Instagram searching out old posts from the quilt along and studying the blocks.

I'll keep posting as we go. Any advice or hints on this quilt would be greatly appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment