Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Speaking of Head Start...

I have a couple of wonderful things to share regarding the bus quilts that I've been making and that so many people have left kind and supportive comments about. My daughter, Jennifer is the executive director of Explorer's Academy/Head Start of Yellowstone County in Montana.



She has received a couple of honors recently - she was chosen as one of Billings' Forty Under 40 , and also selected to be the cover story of Yellowstone Valley Woman magazine! Here's a link to that article if anyone would like to read a little more about what she's been doing locally:



 https://yellowstonevalleywoman.com/cover-story-jennifer-owen/

I'm also quite excited to share these pictures that the Head Start bus drivers took and asked Jen to send to me. My heart just melted! These little faces - ohmygoodness! There's something about a kid who's about 3 or 4 years old that gets me every time. So sweet and ADORABLE! And then to see them wrapped up in these little quilts - I just love it!




Again, thank you for all the wonderful comments and all the interest in this project. I truly appreciate it and it sure keeps me going!



1 comment:

  1. What a great article about Jennifer! She sounds so loving and hard-working. Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete