Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Pot Holder Gifts

I like to make little gifts that my grandchildren can give their teachers during the holidays. This year they will need 4 gifts. So I decided to make pot holders. That seems like something everyone could use.

I sure hope I'm not the only one who goes through pot holders like Kleenex! Mine get dipped, sauced, stickied, melted, fried, boiled and baked. Sometimes, a little over-baked:

*thanksgiving 2017

Thank goodness my husband was wandering around the kitchen looking for something to snack on. He opened the oven to see how the turkey was doing and pulled out the pot holder pictured above, saying, "this looks done!".


So, I'm going to pretend this happens all the time to everyone else and make holiday pot holders. I started out with the set shown below - kind of baking themed. I made 2 of these sets. (They're the same - one is just flipped so you can see the fabric on the back.)




Then I made this set - a little more general holiday. I really, really like these pot holders. So I pulled out the fabric and looked for another style of ornament to make a couple more.



I made two more pot holders and one more towel, to finish up with these 2 sets:



Now I probably need to make a few more for myself!







No comments:

Post a Comment