Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Progress on Two

I completed block 4 of the Summer Sampler this week. The blocks are very modern and working with all solids has been somewhat challenging, but so far, I'm happy with these!



There are a total of 20 blocks, with a new one released each Monday. This quilt along is being hosted by Lee (FreshlyPieced), Katie (SwimBikeQuilt) and Faith (FreshLemonsQuilts).

                                             ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

I've also been following a quilt along hosted by Debbie (QuiltedMoose.com) called From Louise's Garden for more than 6 weeks now. Today I told myself either join or move on. It's only 12 blocks that finish at 4-1/2" so I'm not sure why I didn't start sooner. Debbie tells the sweetest story about her grandmother (Louise) throughout the posts. So I started making the blocks today and even got all of the first 6 completed.



There's something so adorable about small blocks that can't be captured by a camera. And these little blocks certainly are sweet! The colors are more vibrant reds, golds and browns than the photo shows, also. I can't wait to see how this finishes.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment