Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Purple Half Square Triangles

After finishing our Flying Geese blocks a couple of weeks ago, my FaceTiming friend and I decided to do another Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt. So we cut and sewed a bunch of scrappy half square triangles.

This past week, we sewed them into blocks. We'll eventually make 20 of these blocks, which will finish at 12" each and go into a 4 X 5 block layout. We can work out the "to sash or not" and "borders - yes or no" at a later date.

Here are Dianne's 2 blocks:



And here are mine:







I continue to work on my RSC quilt from last year. I'm making good progress on the bow tie blocks. But I really, really wanted to see how the border was going to look. So I cut and fused the flowers for one border:



I'll post an occasional update on this quilt when there has been significant progress. I don't want to over post about. If you'd like to see how it's going or see the finished quilt, you can follow my blog (fabricscraps.blogspot.com) to catch those posts. :)

I'm linking up with Angela's RSC17 at SoScrappy.

11 comments:

  1. Your bowtie quilt is lovely but that border just really bring it to life! villacrestfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bowtie quilt will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great border! I can see why you were anxious to see how it was going to look. Fabulous is the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bowties. In fact, you are such a (bad?) inspiration that I had to copy them, LOL. Love that layout. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt from last year's RSC. The border is smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely combination of the bow ties and,the border. Just enough of all the colors, but also white to set it off. It's coming along so well. Your new purple blocks are great. I do like the one with the orange accents. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! Your Bowtie border looks FANTASTIC!! I like your new RSC project block. Have FUN with that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blocks you and your friend are doing together! And that bowtie quilt? Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bowtie quilt with its appliqued border is just "Wow!" I love it!

    ReplyDelete