Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

Lady of the Lake Block

Lady of the Lake has long been a favorite block of mine. I saw one in Oregon many years ago that made me gasp out loud! I wish I had taken a picture of it for inspiration, but I was fairly new to quilting and thought I would never be able to make something so complicated.

So when The Fat Quarter Shop put out a call for bloggers to make a Lady of the Lake block, I jumped on it. I agonized over fabrics and whether or not to make a single block or an entire quilt. I finally settled on fabrics from my Fig Tree Co stash and decided to make a single block. My plan is to make other blocks using primarily Fig Tree fabrics that will eventually become a nice sampler.



Initially, I picked the fabrics shown above. Then I started seeing people post LOTL blocks using more than 2 fabrics, so I tried a few multi-fabric combinations (below).




While I loved the multi-fabric blocks I was seeing on Instagram, I preferred the 2 color version in my fabrics. So this is my finished block:



Of course, I always have the prerogative to change my mind and make more of these blocks so I will have my very own Lady of the Lake quilt!



2 comments:

  1. it looks great in your Figtree fabics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks great. The multi-fabric combinations are very nice too. LOTL is on my to-do and has been for so long. I'll get it done ... eventually, lol. ;^)

    ReplyDelete