Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Another group to join

I plan on participating in the 2015 Finish-A-Long (FAL). I think posting my intentions is the best way to keep myself humming along and using up my stash. With this group, you post a list of quilt projects to finish each quarter.

My first quarter list has 10 projects on it.

The first one above is the Aurifil Designer Block of the Month from last year. I was zooming along just fine, completing each month until month 9 when I created this mess:


The 2 fabrics that make up the stripes shooting out from the star blocks are supposed to look like 2 different fabrics. And then I pretty much nipped all the points off the stars. I just got frustrated with this block and gave it (and the project) the boot! The thing is, that I really like the way the quilt was looking through block 8. So I'm going to try and fix this.

Then I have 2 rail fence quilts cut from Dr Suess' The Lorax fabric.

Next to them are the fabrics I have bundled to make a wall hanging of houses. It will have a Mediterranean feel (I hope).

Row 2 starts with a Disappearing 4-patch.

Next is a Paddington Bear quilt I'm making for my sweet 1-year-old grandson.

The 3rd one in that row is a scrappy kid's quilt (the quilt is scrappy - not the kid).

Last in row 2 is a Summer in the Park partial quilt top. I followed Missouri Star Quilt Co.'s tutorial for this one.

The bottom 2 are scrappy quilt tops that have been completed for a while, but need to be sandwiched, quilted and bound.

I probably should get busy!



2 comments:

  1. An interesting list. Good luck with finishing. I'm always keen to see more scrap quilts to inspire me to finish mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way - seeing what others quilters are making gets me all excited to attack that stack of scraps! Thanks for reading along. :)

      Delete