Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Joining groups

To keep me on track and accountable, I'll be joining some quilt along groups. The first is A Lovely Year of Finishes (ALYoF) run by Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts. This is a monthly finish group.

I have selected the following project to complete in the month of January. It's a small quilt and should be an easy finish - seems like a good idea to set myself up for success this first month!


It's a Disappearing 4-patch that I did a couple of years ago. I finished it up in a bit of a rush and the quilting on it was awful. I'm not talking a few uneven stitches or some squared up curves. My tension was off, the front was a terrible mess and the back was full of eyelashes.

Shortly after I finished it, I sat down for a couple of evenings and ripped out all the quilting and then never went back and re-quilted it. What?!?!! I have no excuse. That's just ridiculous!

So this month I'll make it right when I turn this bound sandwich into a real, live quilt!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great goal. It looks like a wonderful quilt so it definitely deserves nice quilting. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandy! The quilting will be pretty basic, but hopefully all these projects this year will help improve my free motion.

    ReplyDelete