Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Well, that's embarrassing!

My daughter and her two little girls (ages 1-1/2 and 4) came over to visit for a little bit last night. They often bring a toy - or six - with them to play with. But what really jumped out at me, was they were sharing (sort of) an old diaper clutch that I had made for my daughter before her first was born, and using it as a purse! One would set it down and then the other would pick it up and put the wrist strap over her shoulder and carry it around the house.

How could they not have purses?!???!! For Christmas, I made my 1-year-old grandson a little messenger bag with a dinosaur print so he would have something to gather worms and bugs and such. But how did the girls not get little hand bags?

Anyway, today I made a couple of quick purses, using this tutorial from Make It & Love It.


I made one a little bigger than the other and lined the small one with orange fabric and the larger one with light purple so they would each know which one is theirs.

They came together quickly and turned out pretty cute, I think.

And here are a couple of pictures of Rigo with his little messenger bag. He obviously needs to be well hydrated before he heads out on his big adventure!






That was probably the only time it would ever have been safe for my daughter to stick her hand in that bag!!


4 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm sure your granddaughters will love these purses :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to see what little kids deem worthy of putting in their bags! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Super-cute and so are the bags...lol! It's so cute how little ones pick up that "strap over the shoulder-thing!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee! Thanks Carol! They certainly are quick to mimic grown ups. I suppose that's a life lesson for us! :)

    ReplyDelete