Pages

Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Couple More

As I mentioned yesterday, in making these "bus quilts" I'm trying to use up a lot of stash fabrics. So when I recently came across this old batik jelly roll, I immediately started thinking about making small quilts.



I removed the browns and beiges, the muted colors and the very dark colors. Then I went to Pinterest for inspiration and used the blues and greens to make this one:



A simple rail fence with the pinks, reds and oranges resulted in this bright little quilt:


(Tucker was annoyed gracious as I used the end of his nap lounger to drape the quilt!)


It's been so much fun to sew without "fear" of picking the wrong color or fabrics. These are very basic utility quilts and probably won't last very long. It's quite liberating and even educational to just throw caution to the wind and try something.





I'm linking up with Oh Scrap! and Sew Some Love.


9 comments:

  1. Those quilts are very bright and cheerful. Perfect for the gloomy days of winter. Congratulations on these two gorgeous quilts. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked over and read your post about the bus quilts. What a sweet idea, and yours look perfect for it! Quilts are helpful in so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bus quilt project is wonderful, I'm sure the kids will appreciate a warm lap. The bright ones you just finished look perfect, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOTH of those quilts turned out GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have a,way with color. Those bus Quilts will be much appreciated and loved. I do Project Linus and do rail fence and row Quilts. No matching seams, just having fun like you're doing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful little quilts for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bus quilts - what a great idea! These two are adorable and bright. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete