Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Adding 2

I got these little bus quilts (mostly) done on Tuesday - I just had a little bit of binding that needed to be finished Wednesday. This first one is made up of a few blocks that once again I quit part way through an event. The plan was to make 20 blocks - I made 12. Nine of them found their way into this little 36" X 36" quilt:


Even though I like the blocks, I don't think they're very kid-like. Not really whimsical or bright and fun. So I added this tossed alphabet backing to try and "kid it up". Hmm...I think I like the back better than the front!


The second one I made is mostly from leftover scraps of a bundle. I added a Kona solid and came up with this simple 40" X 40" quilt:



Now I need to get back to making those darling Countdown to Christmas blocks.


Jeez, I sure hope some of those Cinderella mice are taking care of all the Christmas things that I need to be getting done!   :)


Linking up with OhScrap! at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.



4 comments:

  1. Both are very nice quilts and will be loved! I hear you on getting Christmas things done! I'm not very motivated this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little quilts you are making. And I am sure they are going to be much appreciated. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small quilts are great for using scraps and leftovers. These are both darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the first quilt is very kid-friendly! Most kids love bright, rainbow colors and that geometric block is really striking and interesting. I can see a little one tracing around the big diamonds with a finger...

    ReplyDelete